CHERNOBYL ALONG AND ACROSS
This place is unique, mysterious and extraordinary…
If you have ever thought of breaking out of your daily routine and turning it into a bit more adventurous and memorable trip, then you should definitely visit Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Only there you can plunge into the “canned” world where time has stood still since 1986.
Tourist company “ChernobylTRAVEL” offers terrific tours to Exclusion Zone after visiting which you will burst with unforgettable emotions and vivid memories. You will get the opportunity to observe the villages which once were inhabited and full of working people, though now there are just abandoned houses filled with silence. You will also be astonished with the nature of Polesia that is still recovering after a tremendous radiation blast.
You will have a chance to walk down the streets of a ghost town Pripyat that holds the spirit of Soviet Union, and also be able to go sightseeing in Chernobyl city.
One-day tour information
1-day trip, during which you will see:
- 07:30 - Meeting time;
- 08:00 - Departure from Kiev to the Chernobyl zone;
- 10:00 - Control at the "Dityatki" checkpoint;
- 10:00-17:00 - Excursion in the Chernobyl zone;
- 17:00- Departure from the exclusion zone;
- 19:00- Return to Kiev.
- entry into the 30-kilometer zone: checkpoint (CAT) "Children";
- Zalessye and Kopachi villages: inspection of the surviving buildings;
- Checkpoint "Lelev": entry into the 10-kilometer zone;
- deactivated Ginger Forest at the site of the western radioactive trace from the first, most powerful release from the explosion of the 4th power unit;
- body "Pripyat" at the entrance to the city;
- Pripyat, abandoned by the inhabitants more than a quarter of a century ago: "ferris wheel"; kindergarten and school, the Pripyat city swimming pool, the stadium, the Prometheus cinema, a pier with a flooded wharf, a police building with a detention center; City Executive Committee building - the first emergency response headquarters; the hotel "Polissya", where there was an observation post for adjusting helicopter operations over the ruins of the fourth reactor the hospital that took the first victims of the accident and its elimination;
- Chernobyl NPP: a memorial at the administrative building, Sarcophagus - an observation platform, a detour around the Chernobyl NPP territory, feeding catfish 🙂 (depending on the season);
- Secret object Chernobyl-2 Giant antennas of the radar "ARC-1", the secret town of Chernobyl-2, which ensured the operability of the antennas of the over-the-horizon tracking of the launch of ballistic missiles;
- lunch at Chernobyl;
- Chernobyl city: pedestrian walk; Inspection of the city and the exhibition of equipment and robots who participated in the elimination of the accident, a monument to "those who saved the world."
- $89 / 2499UAH
Two-day tour information
- There can be some changes due to weather conditions and upon request of the group!
- You can see location of the objects/sites at the map of the Chernobyl Zone.
- a field camp of the 25th brigade of the radiation chemical and bacteriological protection;
- Dytyatky checkpoint, an official entrance to the Exclusion zone;
- the village of Zalissya with abandoned houses and barns,
- a bypass road to the NPP around the town of Chernobyl, built a month after the accident to facilitate the traffic of military vehicles;
- the best angle to see Duga (Russian Woodpecker) – a secret over-the-horizon radio locative station;
- an almost fully buried village of Kopachi with a remaining kindergarten;
- a concrete-reloading unit, essential for the Sarcophagus erection in 1986;
- a decontaminated Red Forest at place of the first and worst radioactive fall-out;
- the town of Pripyat populated by 50 thousand people before the evacuation:
- the hospital receiving the firefighters and NPP workers, badly affected by the accident;
- a river port and the most prestigious Pripyat café at the embankment;
- a town hall – the first headquarters for mitigation of the accident consequences;
- Polissya hotel, a correction point for helicopters dropping lead bags over the 4th reactor ruins;
- Energetic Palace of culture, the main recreational site for the Prypyat youth;
- Ferris wheel in the amusement park which was never opened;
- a fire station, the crew were the second to extinguish fire at the NPP at night of the disaster on April 26, 1986;
- Chernobyl NPP:
- the Sarcophagus and the New Safe Confinement ("Arch") – an observation point at a 300 m distance and/or pavilion visit;
- a fire station at the NPP, the crew arrived the first to extinguish fire at the NPP after explosion, memorial "Life for Life” in front of the administrative building,
there used to be an enormous parking lot in 1986: thousands of people arrived there daily for NPP decontamination, the Sarcophagus construction, etc.;
- a NPP cooling pond (feeding giant catfish – depending on the season);
- the town of Chernobyl..
- a helicopter pad;
- a former parking lot for armored vehicles of radiation reconnaissance;
- an open-air exhibition of transport vehicles and robots used in 1986-clean up activities;
- a river port with abandoned radioactive ships and steamers at Pripyat riverbank;
- Memorial "Wormwood Star”;
- check-in the state hotel
- ecologically-clean dinner (vegetarian meal available upon request).
- breakfast in Chernobyl-town (vegetarian meal available upon request);
- the world’s best memorial "To Those who Saved the World’ to the first victims of the accident, flower-laying ceremony;
- an amateur zoo at Chernobyl firestation backyard: wild and domestic animals;
- a motor-tractor station in 10-km Zone with lots of radioactive vehicles including tractors, trucks and obstacle-removing military tanks;
- Giant radar antenna "DUGA-1" (Russian Woodpecker), secret town of Chernobyl-2 which provided the efficiency of antennas and horizon tracking of the launching of ballistic missiles.
- Fish and rodent scientific experimental base;
- Pripyat river left bank, acquaintance with nature of the river flood plain;
- cooling towers of the Chernobyl NPP 3rd stage;
- Yaniv railway station: rusty passanger wagons and locomotives in 1 km from Pripyat-town;
- Pripyat-town: in-depth program;
- Paryshiv village, meeting with selfsettlers-samosely;
- dinner in a state canteen in Chernobyl-town (vegetarian meal available upon request).
- $250 / 7000UAH
Visit on Chnpp
Information about the visit to the Chernobyl NPP
- mockup hall at the Administrative and Service Complex (ASC-1) of the ChNPP.
Here, professional staff of the Chernobyl NPP will introduce visitors to organizational and technical structure of the nuclear power plant. With the help of visual layouts you can find out how the mechanism of nuclear power plant functions.
- "golden corridor" extending through the building of the ChNPP.
The famous and seems to be endless corridor. This is the place where the NPP staff was moving fast at the accident night on April 26.
- the control panel of the reactor (CP).
If the nuclear reactor is the heart of the ChNPP then the control panel is its brain. This is where the atomic titanium called unit is being controlled. Control over all nodes, beginning with the reactor department and ending with the turbine, is being led here. Professionals make decisions here. Made. Block shields of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant will never blink with lights again. But you have a chance to feel yourself in shoes of those who once stood at the control panel, to imagine the pressure, the responsibility, the severity of knowledge, returning to the past for a moment.
- machine (turbine) hall.
Heavy work area. Nuclear energy is converted into electrical energy here. Huge turbines are turning generators of high power.
- reactor hall.
Heart of the unit. The nuclear reactor is situated here. This is the place where nuclear energy is created. Workers in the nuclear power plant will tell how it happens. In the vast central hall of the reactor department, you will be able to see the lid of the reactor.
- Memorial to Valery Khodemchuk, buried under the ruins of the reactor.
In the fatal moment Khodemchuk was in the north loop of the north side of the reactor, just where the power of The first victim of the accident at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in 1986, became an employee of the reactor department of the 2nd turn, senior operator of the main circulation pumps Valery Ilyich Khodemchuk. Huge pumps weighing tens of tons each controlled by him, were responsible for circulation of coolant (water) in the reactor.
- room with MCP (main circulation pumps).
You can visit the similar to working place of Valery Khodemchuk room, and see the huge pumps, which once used to force moving tons of water through the reactor.
- $220 / 6150UAH
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Full visit to Chernobyl exclusion zone;
- Transport support;
- Organization of permits required to visit Zone;
- Permissive documentation required for a visit 30km zone;
- Permissive documentation required for a visit 10km zone;
- Permissive documentation required for a visit the city of Pripyat;
- Permissive documentation required for a visit (OTH) radar station “Duga”;
- Professional guide in English or Russian;
- Permission for the photo and video shooting;
- Dinner Lunch.
meeting time – 7:30
60 Volodymyrivska St.
(opposite the Shevchenko University)
Attention! Only confirmed via e-mail prepayment allows you to participate in the chosen tour!
For scheduled tours: after submitting the application for the tour you must make an advance payment, equal to 25%. On boarding the bus you must have the exact amount of the rest of your payment.
With the cancellation of the tour, an advance payment of 25% is not refunded, these funds go to the registration of all permits for entry into the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
During 1-day tour to the Chernobyl zone you will receive a radiation dose equal to approximately 1-hour jet flight that is160 times less than the dose received during a single chest x-rays, and 3600 times less than in the one the whole body CT scan!