INFORMATION ABOUT THE VISIT TO THE CHERNOBYL NPP
YOU SHOULD BE LEAST 18 YEARS!
Program of a two-day tour with a visit to the Chernobyl NPP:
(the tour includes standard two-day tour program )
(possible changes are related to weather conditions or at the request of the group)
- 07:30 – Meeting time. Vladimirskaya Street 60, opposite the red building of Shevchenko University
- Chernobyl observation deck;
- You will be able to see the world’s largest land mobile arched structure in the world – the New Safe Confinement (NSC), the construction of the 4th power unit destroyed in the accident.
- Administrative breadboard -service complex (ASK-1) of Chernobyl NPP;
- Using visual layouts, employees of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant will acquaint visitors with the organizational and technical structure of the nuclear power plant and tell how the mechanism of a nuclear power plant works.
- “Golden Corridor”;
- The famous and seemingly endless corridor that runs through the entire station to the fourth power unit.
- Reactor control panel;
- BShU-4: Control panel of the fourth power unit, on which a scheduled shutdown of the reactor was to be performed on the night of April 25-26, 1986.
- Machine room;
- Heavy work area. Nuclear energy is converted into electrical energy. Huge turbines with high power turning generators.
- Reactor room;
- You will be able to visit the reactor hall of the first unit of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, which looks like the fourth accident.
- Main circulation pumps (RCP);
- You can visit the similar workplace of Valery Khodemchuk’s room and see the huge pumps that were once used to force tons of water through the reactor.