PROGRAM OF A ONE-DAY TOUR TO THE CHERNOBYL EXCLUSION ZONE
YOU SHOULD BE LEAST 18 YEARS!
Day Tour Schedule:
- 07:30 – Meeting time. Vladimirskaya Street 60, opposite the red building of Shevchenko University
- 07:45 – Departure from Kiev;
- 10:00 – Control at the checkpoint “Dityatki”;
- 10:00-17:00 – Sightseeing tour of the Exclusion Zone;
- 17:00 – Departure from the Exclusion Zone;
- 19:00 – Return to Kiev.
One day tour program:
- Entrance to the 30-kilometer zone – checkpoint (checkpoint) “Dityatki”;
- Survey of surviving buildings in the villages of Zalesye and Kopachi;
- Checkpoint “Lelev” – entry into the 10-kilometer zone;
- “Red Forest”, on the site of the western radioactive trail from the first, most powerful release from the explosion of the 4th power unit;
- Stella “Pripyat”, at the entrance to the city;
- The ghost town of Pripyat:
- “Ferris wheel”;
- kindergarten and school;
- city pool;
- cinema “Prometheus”;
- jetty with a flooded pier;
- pre-trial detention center and police building;
- City Executive Committee building – the first headquarters of the liquidation of the consequences of the Chernobyl accident;
- Polesie hotel, observation post for adjusting helicopter operations over the ruins of the 4th reactor;
- MSCh-126 – the medical unit that received the first victims of the accident and its liquidation.
- Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant named after Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (Chernobyl NPP):
- memorial at the administrative building;
- NSC – Chernobyl NPP observation deck;
- detour around the Chernobyl NPP;
- feeding catfish (depending on season and weather).
- Secret Object of Chernobyl-2:
- Soviet over-the-horizon radar station for an early detection system for launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles (DUGA-1);
- secret military town Chernobyl-2.
- walk around the city:
- walking tour of the city;
- exhibitions of equipment and robots that took part in the liquidation of the Chernobyl accident;
- Chernobyl firefighters memorial “Those who saved the world”.